Silkie chick not walking and weak for the past 5 days

This is so hard for me to write but the vet appointment did not go well. It seems that her chances of ever walking were very slim and if she ever were to walk it would be with difficulty and because of this she could never be with other chickens because she ran the risk of being severely injured if not killed. She would be the only bantam in my flock. I decided it was not humane to keep her going. She was clearly unhappy being handled so much and I did not think it was fair to keep her alive and suffering for a future where she could not even be outside with her crew in a flock. It was one of the hardest decisions I think I have ever had to make. Thank you everyone for all your help in this. I feel so let down. She is outside buried in my garden and will be with my flock in spirit.
I'm so very sorry.
You love her and only wanted the best for her, you fought so hard with and for her and you did everything imaginable to help and support her. You gave her a chance. So her life was filled with your love and care - this is what her sweet soul experienced.
And that extremely hard decision was based on love and the wish to decide the best for her - so it was the right decision ❤️
Sending hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom