Silkie color guesses?

Banana and Brisket

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2020
Hi! I have some silkies and I’m trying to guess what color they will be as adults. Any ideas?
6A78BE95-C999-4526-B187-C1D92F36CC29.jpeg
670A7AD6-A20B-43A2-B819-405855481A15.jpeg
E785FE31-E8DE-491A-8971-7F3F520DBF6C.jpeg
E1E3F034-AF8C-4ADC-AF65-BECC8126DEF7.jpeg
BBCDE62B-EDFA-491C-B2A4-1B2FA5A319E7.jpeg
3D61464A-806B-4CA4-AFAF-5AD6F69520FE.jpeg
3A02D3D2-6E0E-438F-B69A-5B83AE1D31FC.jpeg

I have limited experience with these colors as I mainly focus on paint silkie breeding but I am happy to help guess based on the experience I do have.

#1 and #3 are hard for me to guess. They don't have the classic chipmunk partridge look but they may mature to look somewhat partridge like. #3 could also possibly be a smutty buff but I don't have much experience with buff so a bit hard to say (the lighter skin color is something I believe can pop up more in buffs). I had a chick that looked a bit like #1 who's siblings were partridge but she turned out blue with a hint of a chocolate like color on the ends of her feathers (probably a result of mixing colors in my girls case)

#2 and #4 look like they will both be blue to me. #4 is a little light but blue can vary quite a bit in shade and she/he doesn't look quite light enough to be splash to me.

#5 looks like a white to me (could also be splash but the down better matches more the recessive white silkie chicks I've seen).

Adorable chicks, I bet it will be lots of fun watching them grow and seeing how their colors develop! :)

I have limited experience with these colors as I mainly focus on paint silkie breeding but I am happy to help guess based on the experience I do have.

#1 and #3 are hard for me to guess. They don't have the classic chipmunk partridge look but they may mature to look somewhat partridge like. #3 could also possibly be a smutty buff but I don't have much experience with buff so a bit hard to say (the lighter skin color is something I believe can pop up more in buffs). I had a chick that looked a bit like #1 who's siblings were partridge but she turned out blue with a hint of a chocolate like color on the ends of her feathers (probably a result of mixing colors in my girls case)

#2 and #4 look like they will both be blue to me. #4 is a little light but blue can vary quite a bit in shade and she/he doesn't look quite light enough to be splash to me.

#5 looks like a white to me (could also be splash but the down better matches more the recessive white silkie chicks I've seen).

Adorable chicks, I bet it will be lots of fun watching them grow and seeing how their colors develop! :)
Thank you!! I’m so excited to watch them grow. They all seem very unique.

Back
Top Bottom