SILKIE colors and what do you get when you cross colors

just figured i would ask becouse my other breeds pretty much seperate into groups containing only 1 breed when i let them outi just dont have different colors of different breeds

and i know chickens are not color blind cuz if i get a new waterer that looks exactly the same as an old 1 just a different color and put it in the same spot the go insane so
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I think you are right! I was being sarcastic, wasn't I? Sorry!

I hear what you are saying. Yes, my other chickens all hang out together, and my Silkies all stay together, off by themselves. But, they don't separate by color.

Quote:
No ... they are just chickens ... and I think they are color blind!
lau.gif

If they are used to being in separate groups they will likely stay in those groups--at least at first. As time goes on these groups will mingle and perhaps separate into different groupings.

Quote:
Chickens (birds in general) see more colours than humans--they have a much wider spectrum, and are also able to differentiate between shades that we would see as the same--think of it as better colour resolution.

Chickens (birds in general) see more colours than humans--they have a much wider spectrum, and are also able to differentiate between shades that we would see as the same--think of it as better colour resolution.

Really? Wow, that is very interesting! And now, I have yet another tidbit of poultry education! Thanks! Now, ..... can you teach me some poultry genetics?
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom