Silkie confusion or maybe im right?

I have some silkie X cochins that look like that. their body is much plumper and more horizontal than a pure silkie.

ETA my two are both hens and they are AWESOME broodies!

Last edited:
Quote:
oh i hope so! i was getting a little nervous about having 2 roos in with 1 hen, but fingers crossed it is a hen and i can relax, if not, then i will buy another couple of hens! lol

Quote:
oh the lady i got them from breeds coochins also, maybe she has a roaming coochin roo and doesnt realise lol

they are def. mixes. the black one looks like a rosecomb silke, the blue one could be cochin/silkie, and the white one could be cochin/silkie also or maybe that mix crossed back to a silkie because it looks more silkie than cochin. the silkie wouls have been the father for all of them so they are all at least half siblings. the black and blue are most likely hens and i believe the white is a roo
smile.png
pretty birds
love.gif

yes they were all raised together, and i have had all of them from 6weeks old, they all huddle together when its cold and folow each other everywhere

Quote:
Yeah what they said. Right now I have 9 australorps penned in together that are completely fine because they were all raised together... just be careful they arent harassing your hens too much once they get old enough to start jumping them. I hear horror stories of bad roo to hen ratios killing the hens from excessive breeding.

Quote:
fingers crosed! if these chickens are 12 weeks old now, how long should i expect to wait before they 1/ start to crow or 2/ lay an egg?

ok i had a talk to the breeder of the chicks, she said it is possible these guys are frizzle/silkie. silkie roo father, frizzle hen mother. i guess that makes them sizzles?

Back
Top Bottom