Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics
My little mix is about 1 1/2 weeks old. Her daddy is Cinimmon (partridge silkie) and her momma is a blue wheaten Ameraucana. She is being raised by my very broody cus she loves babies too much silkie hen Blueberry.

69377_11-05-2011_blueberry_n_chics4.jpg

I have some eggs due to hatch on thr 19th. There could be a silkie crossed with a Mille Fleur D'Uccle in there, but I can't tell my bantams eggs apart, or the EE egggs eiither, for that matter, so i don't know who mamas are, for sure. I have a birchen cochin, a Dutch bantam, an OEGB, and 2 silkiies as possible mamas. I can't wait to see what comes out of these eggs!

Oh, and there's 2 EE eggs and a mystery brown one due to hatch with this brood as well. Tough to tell the mamas. Just hafta guess when the babbies are born and remember what egg thay came from. Then take a guess at mama based on what the chickie turns out to loook like.

I have 8 babies, hatched from same daddy and variious EE mamas. The chicks are absolutely gorgeous coloring, and ii wish I knew who mamas were exactly, so I could replicate babies....but withh 20 hens and 1 roo, I can only guess.

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to add that since daddy is just a little guy, there are only so many hens he can actuually cover. The brown egg layers may just be too big for him. Especially my 10 pound brahma.

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

Awww I love them ALL.
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I have 2 possibley mixed eggs under an hen right now. ( my first to hatch if they do)
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
I have an rir roo and an white silkie roo, white silkie hens, and one brown hen that just started laying little too late.
roll.png
So EXCITED.
ya.gif
Dose anyone have an RIR and white silkie cross? Btw the red rooster I really love the red rooster pics lol
tongue2.gif

Hatched today!
ya.gif
not sure if its an cross but its cute , right now I'am calling it muffin
love.gif
jumpy.gif

107523_hpim3950.jpg

107523_hpim3949.jpg

107523_poikjyhtgfcvb.jpg

These 2 turned out to be girls. Silkie roo x EE hen. I'm hoping that Skippy (the dad) is carrying the white gene so next year I could get white silkies from him and some young silkie pullets.
fl.gif

71441_babies_011_014.jpg

71441_babies_011_018.jpg

We're most likely keeping these two to add to Skippy's flock. Out of the 9 straight run silkies we got only 3 turned out to be pullets. Anyways these baby pics are old, these ladies just turned 8 weeks on Friday. I'll get some recent photos tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom