Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics
3 out of the 6 eggs hatched and all babiies have 5 toes, so Mama is one of my 2 silkies. Dad is Millle Fleur D'Uccle. 2 chickies are very light yellow, almost white (gray silkie?) And the other iis more tan (tan Siilkie?) All of their wing feathers are white and black speckled. I had some guy want to buy them, but ii want to see what they look like first, as its my first hatch of this cross.

I certainly hope you will all keep updating photos of your Silkie crosses as they grow up - I have 2 (had 3, but my mother-in-law fell in love with them, too, so I had to share). I will share photos when I can get them to hold still for a second. One lays a buff egg, one a green egg (dad is an EE/Golden Phoenix cross - beautiful roo). Very clever little girls, too.

What an awesome cute fun thread. I am NOT a fan of PB Silkies (yet?) but OH MY GOSH the crosses just look like the sweetest birds!!! KEEP POSTING PLEASE!

Here's my little silkie mix roo. I think he's 1/2 cochin.
60651_silkie.jpg

Quote:
Me too!!!

I have sebrights and silkies in a pen together (just 8 weeks old) but I wonder what that would look like!

We have the cutest (blue? black?) little roo named Dark Vader (named by DS age 7). He is so full of himself there is no way its a hen!

Alright so theses are my silkies as chicks. I believe they aren't pure because there combs turned out red and there earlobes are black (except for 2 of them. They have mulberry combs and turquoise earlobes)

80086_chickes_2_day_old_050.jpg

80086_chickes_2_day_old_046.jpg

80086_chickes_2_day_old_019.jpg

This is Dakota she is one of the 2 tht is maybe pure
80086_aiden_007.jpg

This is baby she is a Silkie cross but idk with what. Sadly she passed aug 11th
80086_aiden_042.jpg

Last edited:
I think silkie x easter egger or ameracauna (whichever one is more common to mix) should become a standard breed.
tongue.png
I'm too lazy to do it and I only have one EE hen so that's not gonna work out.. Lol.. I need to get recent pictures of those two chicks I uploaded on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom