Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
Yay I'm so excited I found this thread. I have 2 Silkie hens and a very mean but gorgeous sizzle rooster.

I have 11 eggs in the incubator due to hatch at any second. The possible hens he could have bred with are Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, white Cochin, Gold laced Cochin, a white Silkie, and a gray Silkie. I never planned on hatching any eggs, but one morning I went to let them out and found the cutest little chick I've ever seen. She is a barred rock silkie. I was not expecting her whatsoever and my fiancé and I decided it would be fun to buy an incubator and see what they would look like. I never thought other people did this and figured it would be fround upon breeding "mutts"

So as I've been flipping through these post I've noticed someone saying that breeding a Silkie rooster to a non dark skin hen would create a sexlink? Is this correct? Does this mean I should be able to wing sex my new little ones or can someone explain this to me??

So happy I found this now I'm going to look back at the pictures

Hello everyone! I am pretty sure I have 2 silkie x rir, although one may be a silke x orpington...

See?

Floof on top, black skin and legs, 5 toes, and feather on legs.

4 feet, gray feet, some feathers on legs, face looks more like a rir though:

I am wondering-what is egg production like with a rir x silkie cross or an orp x silkie? Dying to know! :)

Last edited:

So excited to have found this thread! I raise silkie x rhode island reds and simply adore them! They are egg laying machines, giving me about six eggs each per week. Most have the classical silkie feathers, while two, like the one above, have a soft version of normal feathers. They all have six toes and carry the splash gene, and have the silkie's sweet personality!

Back
Top Bottom