Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I have a silkie x easter egger hen, and a few weeks ago i hatched an egg from her that was fathered by my black silkie rooster sadly its one of the 25 percentile with smooth feathers... oh well at least i know it carries the silkie feather gene

Watch this space... my lovely leghorn mix hen was killed by a dog, and a week later my neighbor said she had a couple broody hens, did I want anything hatched? So I grabbed a dozen of my girls eggs out of the fridge and warmed them up. 11 are growing, due in 12 days. Father is a black show quality silkie.

And while I'm at it, I just got a frizzle bantam hen, how do you get sizzles? Would that be a frizzle out of these two crossed with another silkie?

Sizzles are a work in progress. Theyre a frizzled (or smooth), normal feathered bird with all the characteristics of a Silkie. So, theyre really not just a cross between a Silkie and a frizzled bird. But, if you start from scratch, then you've gotta start somewhere. I started with a Silkie rooster and a frizzled Cochin hen. I've been breeding them for a few years. Theyre tons of fun and theyre super cute. But, as with any project, its a good bit of work and can take a while to get where you want to be. There is a Sizzle thread, if you haven't already, you should check it out. Good luck :)

Just wanted to show some photos of my Showgirl / Ameraucana crosses. :)

And... some adorable F2 Blue-layer Silkie chicks.

Wilkie! Wyandotte mom silkie cross dad. 7 week old adorable. I have no idea if this is pullet or cockerel:cd because Wyandotte can sometimes developed red and wattle early in pullets!

I have EE and Brahma crossed with silkie chicks. Lost several to a hawk or fox, they free range so it happens. All are blue black or splash, some have mohawks, all are smooths, go figure. So Im looking for a BQ Silkie roo or a LF polish to buff crests, enforce size. I had an absolutely lovely fourth generation line of sizzles in my Tn home, couldn't move with them. I was getting show worthy birds finally in BBS, my fav colors. I'm going to work toward a LF silkied or frizzle EE that lays colored eggs. just cuz it amu ses me.I swear brahmas cant avoid predators to save their souls, nor their mixed chicks. Slow little buggers.

Back
Top Bottom