Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics

the parents. Lost some of the eggs due to power failure, but the ones under hen are hatching. See next post.

the parents. Lost some of the eggs due to power failure, but the ones under hen are hatching. See next post.

White bird is the hen? She has white/yellow skin, yes? If so, then your chicks are sex-linked...

3 so far one more pipped, so cute. Feathered feet, extra toes, hope I have a girl to name nugget II.

If sex-linked, black chick is a girl... what color skin do the other 2 have?

Last edited:
I'll look tomorrow hopefully that last one makes it out. Eggs were due to hatch the 15th but had one hatch Monday and two Tuesday. Didn't think to look under wings, though I was gleefully gazing at their adorable faces and fluffy feet

I'll look tomorrow hopefully that last one makes it out. Eggs were due to hatch the 15th but had one hatch Monday and two Tuesday. Didn't think to look under wings, though I was gleefully gazing at their adorable faces and fluffy feet

Good luck on the last, and they are very cute! I think the brown has dark skin, hard to see in the pic (feet and legs sometimes get extra color than the skin)... dark skin means girl, light/yellow will be boy... so think you have 2 girls and a boy so far...

Is the solid black baby likely to have black adult feathers or is that uncertain?

Looks like it'll be black, or at least mostly... might get some of papa's other color as well...

Back
Top Bottom