Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I have a CCLB rooster and thinking of picking up a black skinned silkie to try for some sexy inked green egg layers. Has anyone tried this? I think the pellets would have white skin and the Roos medium/mottled skin. Not as eSy to sex as when you use a black silkie rooster but I can't have another rooster.

Last one finally hatched! Brown baby has blue gray looking skin. Both yellow chicks have yellow skin. Black one is black throughout.

I have a CCLB rooster and thinking of picking up a black skinned silkie to try for some sexy inked green egg layers. Has anyone tried this? I think the pellets would have white skin and the Roos medium/mottled skin. Not as eSy to sex as when you use a black silkie rooster but I can't have another rooster.

I don't remember on that one... I never use my Cream Legbar roo for crosses ever... too messy...

I think this is a beautiful picture! That is a boy, what does he look like now?

I love looking at all of these pictures.   I have a pullet that looks similar to one of the girls in the beginning of this thread. She was suppose to be a NN.  The breeder said it was a mix up and she was from a showgirl x silkie. She has smooth feathers and no naked neck.  She also has a beard and crest, so she will be breeding with my Naked neck :)

This is my little brother holding BlueBerry the Silky, I bought two fertilized silky eggs in hope I would get a pair and ended up with two roosters
1f605.png
. That's just my luck but I still love him to death, he such a beautiful bird!!

So what if you have a black silkie hen with a light skin roo will this make sex linked chicks? I have a bunch of mixed eggs hatching from my flock in a few weeks. I have three Roos, a black silkie, Tolbunt polish and a bantam Easter egger. The hens are black silkie, and dorking. I'm going to have to sell these chicks, so it would be nice to know which are Roos and which are hens. Two of my crazy hens went broody while I was on vacation and my dad, who was watching the flock for me forgot to collect the eggs. So I have 13 eggs going to hatch in about two weeks. I allready have 18 chickens and two peachicks. So these are going to have to go. :(

Back
Top Bottom