Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
Here are my black silkie hen and my columbian color bantam Easter egger Roos new chicks. These were my surprise chicks. I didn't know my silkie was hatching them. Anyone have any like this? Im wondering what they will be like when there're older.

I have my first 2 Silkie cross chicks; just a week old today. They're by a black Silkie rooster and out of one or both of my green egg laying hens. Both have 5 toes, feathered legs and dark eyes. A young (6 month old) Naked Neck pullet hatched the eggs and is raising the chicks. These chicks are just adorable!

Chick #1

Chick #2

Hens that laid the green eggs in the foreground.

Another pic of the hens and the rooster.

I have my first 2 Silkie cross chicks; just a week old today. They're by a black Silkie rooster and out of one or both of my green egg laying hens. Both have 5 toes, feathered legs and dark eyes. A young (6 month old) Naked Neck pullet hatched the eggs and is raising the chicks. These chicks are just adorable!

Chick #1

Chick #2

Hens that laid the green eggs in the foreground.

Another pic of the hens and the rooster.

Very cute! Looks like you might have 2 little pullets, too... do both have dark skin? Look under their wings to see the skin there is easiest to tell... if both have dark skin, then they're pullets... light skin would be cockerel...

The black one had dark skin. I'm just really not sure on the silvery one so I took pics today. I've always thought it was a boy and referred to it as such but I would be delighted with 2 pullets. :)

And just for fun, a picture of him hatching. Just pure coincidence that I checked on the eggs when he was in the middle of hatching. I had picked up my 10yo borrowed child and she held him while he finished hatching.

Very cute! Looks like you might have 2 little pullets, too... do both have dark skin? Look under their wings to see the skin there is easiest to tell... if both have dark skin, then they're pullets... light skin would be cockerel...

Unfortunately I lost the silvery colored chick and the black chick that seemed to have dark skin is a boy. Showing very stong evidence of bring a boy at just 3 weeks of age.

Good luck on the last, and they are very cute! I think the brown has dark skin, hard to see in the pic (feet and legs sometimes get extra color than the skin)... dark skin means girl, light/yellow will be boy... so think you have 2 girls and a boy so far...
Looks like it'll be black, or at least mostly... might get some of papa's other color as well...

"dark skin means girl, light/yellow will be boy...« It's possible that dark skin chick is a boy. These three are mine, around 11 weeks old; mam is naked neck and dad is silkie; one dark skin is a girl, but the other one is a boy. The third chick is a boy, has no naked neck and yellow skin:

this hen is from last year naked neck and silke dad:

Back
Top Bottom