Silkie egg isn't hatching

Y master

Chirping
Feb 5, 2018
Hi everyone. I placed 12 bantam Silkie eggs in the incubator and only four were fertile. Five-ish days ago was hatch day and only two have hatched the last one hatched four days ago. The third egg stopped developing and died but the fourth looks in the position to hatch. I haven't seen it wiggle but have candles it and I can see the beak. I can't feel it tapping on the egg or chirping. Is there anything I can do? Should I make a hole in the air cell?
Thanks

There is a helpful page on BYC that has info about assisted hatching. By the way, I would definitely assist. If the chick has no response, they are most likely very weak or have already passed away in my experience. I can't tell if u did this, but if u just lightly tap on the egg and put it against your ear to listen, you can clearly whether they are responding or not.

If it was alive, you would see movement as they start to breath when they pip into the internal air cell. No movement probably means it’s passed on. If there is an internal pip you can most certainly pip the outside near the beak but you should hear or see something.

Back
Top Bottom