SILKIE GENDER?!

I'm going against the grain and saying pullet. I don't see streamers and can usually see some male feathering by that age. Plus my males have much more developed combs.

I'm going against the grain and saying pullet. I don't see streamers and can usually see some male feathering by that age. Plus my males have much more developed combs.
Yes thats what I though too, I notice that he or she doesn't have any streamer feathers and it isn't crowing or laying to I guess we will find out in a few more months!

Hi, I have this silkie who is making a weird noise. I don’t know if it’s because it’s trying to crow? j am unsure of the age. Maybe 5 months?
post a closeup of its head fluff. The back of the hair fluff will tell me because the boys have long individual feathers that stick out of the back alone

I say pullet? Does she have any brothers? Is it just her? Or Andy siblings? How many chickens do you have?
I got him or her from a lady downgrading her flock. She doesn’t have any siblings but I did recently get a silkie rooster and he is super calm with the other chickens that are all hens but doesn’t get along with this one. Maybe it’s because he knows it’s a Rooster? I have 5 other chickens and 4 ducks.

I got him or her from a lady downgrading her flock. She doesn’t have any siblings but I did recently get a silkie rooster and he is super calm with the other chickens that are all hens but doesn’t get along with this one. Maybe it’s because he knows it’s a Rooster? I have 5 other chickens and 4 ducks.
If the rooster is fighting with him/her it’s probably a cockerel... not really a definitive way of finding out but I would label it girl for looks and maybe boy for behavior, like I mentioned in my last comment, you can’t really tell till they lay and egg or crow! Or if you REALLY wanna find out quick, DNA testing is a thing, I got my boy a DNA test for 15$ where I live I just needed a blood sample from his toenails!

I say pullet? Does she have any brothers? Is it just her? Or Andy siblings? How many chickens do you have?
I got him or her from a lady downgrading her flock. She doesn’t have any siblings but I did recently get a silkie rooster and he is super calm with the other chickens that are all hens but doesn’t get along with this one.

Back
Top Bottom