Silkie gender?

i have a black silkie called sleepy that I’m hopeing is a hen but I’ve had lots of people telling me different things. the breeder I got them from said it’s a rooster and the lady I got the rooster I currently have said it’s a hen. I posted her asking and two people said hen. But echo( sleepys brother) and sleepy have been play fighting but only when I tie up sleepys crest( that is very big) or if it’s wet by the rain and out of her eyes. im hopeing sleepys are hen as if she is not I will have three rooters and one small silkie hen. Any ideas. Thanks.View attachment 3018019View attachment 3018020View attachment 3018021View attachment 3018022
If this bird is almost a year old then it is a female. 😊

You can tell sleepys brother is a rooster as he a very big nobbly comb he acts like a roo and he is getting golden streaks around his neck he is A black silkie like sleepy so I’m not sure they he is getting golden feathers:confused::idunno
Sounds like your boy is just developing leakage. This is when a different color comes through especially on the neck and wings on a male bird. Common in Silkies that are kept in mixed color pens.😊

Sounds like your boy is just developing leakage. This is when a different color comes through especially on the neck and wings and a male bird. Common in Silkies that are not kept in mixed color pens.😊
Yeah. I thought about that. I thought it was normal as my blue silkie rooster blue has very little Of it on his neck. I’m still not sure though why sleepy and echo are play fighting. I asked a friend of mine she knows quite a lot about silkies and she said they proably fight when I tie up her hair because she can finely see properly and dose not recogise echo and i guess try’s to show domoice. Dose this sound right. :lau:lau:lol:

Yeah. I thought about that. I thought it was normal as my blue silkie rooster blue has very little Of it on his neck. I’m still not sure though why sleepy and echo are play fighting. I asked a friend of mine she knows quite a lot about silkies and she said they proably fight when I tie up her hair because she can finely see properly and dose not recogise echo and i guess try’s to show domoice. Dose this sound right. :lau:lau:lol:
Could be!😊

Back
Top Bottom