Silkie Genders!

tiaaamarieee

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 11, 2013
Chicago
Hey there everyone!

I need a silkie expert!!!
I have three silkies I need help sexing. I know it's difficult but I'd like other people's thoughts.
Recently took in a third and I'm 80% sure it's a rooster. After looking at the differences, I want to say my other two are hens but I would hate to get ahead of myself.

I've had the buff and black since the beginning of November. I was told they were about a month old when I got them.

I've had the blue since mid-January and he's growing exponentially, also apparently a month old but I think two months
or more. He was smaller than the two when I got him and now he's definitely bigger.

1) Black: I'm on the fence with this one -I can't decide.
2) Buff: I'm leaning towards hen.
3) Blue: Rooster.

I tried to get the best pictures I could.

Thank you!!!
smile.png

Hi I have had silkies before and it is super hard to tell, my best advice is to wait it out for a crow or a egg so about 18 weeks old, to me i would say the the buff is a hen the black is a roo but not sure about the blue

Hey there everyone! I need a silkie expert!!! I have three silkies I need help sexing. I know it's difficult but I'd like other people's thoughts. Recently took in a third and I'm 80% sure it's a rooster. After looking at the differences, I want to say my other two are hens but I would hate to get ahead of myself. I've had the buff and black since the beginning of November. I was told they were about a month old when I got them. I've had the blue since mid-January and he's growing exponentially, also apparently a month old but I think two months or more. He was smaller than the two when I got him and now he's definitely bigger. 1) Black: I'm on the fence with this one -I can't decide. 2) Buff: I'm leaning towards hen. 3) Blue: Rooster. I tried to get the best pictures I could. Thank you!!! :)
I say the buff is a pullet black could be but leaning toward cockeral.: I don't see a blue color, I see a splash which I think looks cockeral as well

Hello not sure if I'm posting on the right thread but I have two new chickens I got from the fodder I've been told they are frizzles but I'm not convinced they kind of look like silkie crosses to me. Dark one is called midnight and the other one is silverlock
1f60a.png
[/IMG]

I'm actually leaning towards pullet on all of them, especially the Buff and Black. However, it is hard to be certain. Sometimes, you don't know until they "crow or lay an egg"!

The main difference between the splash and other two is that he has "streamer" rooster feathers. I don't know, the wait is SO hard!!!

Back
Top Bottom