Silkie hatch today w/ feet problems

Okay, this is more Spraddle leg. You need to do the Band aid thing for Spraddle. There is athread on this topic. Cut the band aid in half long ways like we sad before. On sticky side around one leg , the pad in middle. Other sticky side around other leg.

ok I have the band aid in place but it still cannot stand it just keeps falling over rolling around kind and yelling is this normal?

Quote:
It will take time for the chick to get used to balancing. Let it rest and make sure it is eating and drinking. When the chick is awake just try to stand it up and maybe put a little stuffed animal in there to lean it against. This is frustrating to watch but you are helping this chick ALOT!

Quote:
It will take time for the chick to get used to balancing. Let it rest and make sure it is eating and drinking. When the chick is awake just try to stand it up and maybe put a little stuffed animal in there to lean it against. This is frustrating to watch but you are helping this chick ALOT!

x'2
smile.png

doing a little better not rolling as much but with the curled toes it still can't walk.... hoping for the best!

Quote:
Okay, with the curled toes you may have to get those straightened out also to help with balance. So wish I could be there to help you. I have done this several times and it has paid off. I have 3 beautiful silkies that went through this and are doing great. Your little silkie will be well worth all the effort you are putting into it!

Let me look at other ideas to straighten the toes. Be back....

For spraddle leg I do the band aid cut in half length wise with the cloth part in the middle. I did once cut a bath room cup in half, let the legs touch the floor to help from tipping over. Make sure to dip mouth in water to hydrate. I use wee wee pads in the brooder. Absorbs the poo & is great for traction. Isnt curled toes from hatching too high temp? Dont know what to do about that

Quote:
Poster has done the band aid for spraddle but also dealing with curled toes. Forgot the wee wee pad idea for traction. Good Idea!

Back
Top Bottom