Silkie Hen Has Bloated Butt!

ChickenCrazy14

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 26, 2012
Hi there!
I have a partridge silkie hen that is a little over a year old. She is in with two roosters and another hen. The hen is walking upright, kind of like a penguin and her rear is very bloated. She had some stool stuck in the feathers below the vent so I cleaned her off. She also felt warm, but it has been very hot in Ohio lately. I put some cool/cold water on her legs and she cooled off a lot. Her rear is not discolored or reddened but is obvious. I gently pulled her vent down and pushed softly on the bulge and very stinky green poop came out. The bulge is also soft, not hard.

Would it be good to get all of the poop out of her? To keep massaging and get it all out? Or could there be a bigger problem?

Thanks in advance!

wish I knew, pretty new chicken owner. Hopefully someone posts soon who has had a similar issue. Everyone is so helpful here.
fl.gif

I have a hen that seems to have the same problem. She is doing fine behavior wise. She is naked in some areas of her butt. I picked her up and massaged her but nothing came out. It was very soft so no eggs stuck.

I would really like to know what's up as well.

Back
Top Bottom