Silkie Hen high on Pecking Order

Um...well maybe I've been misunderstanding this whole time. The newly built coop area is 40sqft. Due to the weather and our rush to just get it waterproofed we didn't make a door on the backside of the new coop to attach it to the 200sqft run. The older silkies still sleep and use the pre-fab coop that is on the opposite side of the run.
So u are saying it I all considered the coop?

Um...well maybe I've been misunderstanding this whole time. The newly built coop area is 40sqft. Due to the weather and our rush to just get it waterproofed we didn't make a door on the backside of the new coop to attach it to the 200sqft run. The older silkies still sleep and use the pre-fab coop that is on the opposite side of the run.
So u are saying it I all considered the coop?
Yes, it's all considered a coop.

Attachments

• 5CDE0F87-AF28-4EC1-9BA4-4C28A68E09AD.png
    5CDE0F87-AF28-4EC1-9BA4-4C28A68E09AD.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 2
Yes, structure. The henhouse, & chicken run. Only considering the henhouse area as the coop makes little sense. It only makes sense if you don't have a run for your birds to run in. Like in a free range environment.

Yes, structure. The henhouse, & chicken run. Only considering the henhouse area as the coop makes little sense. It only makes sense if you don't have a run for your birds to run in. Like in a free range environment.
Thanks for the explanation… I see where you are coming from.

Yes, it's all considered a coop.
The phrase 'to be cooped up' refers to being placed inside a small building without freedom to roam outside.

I have always referred to the coop as the building that encloses the birds, with the outdoor area being the run.

Both our pheasants and our poultry have a stall to themselves in our barn, but they used to live in an old shed, which we 'cooped them up' in.

Back
Top Bottom