Silkie hen or roo and is it normal to be so small

IT NEEDS A BUDDY
We have been having a real hard time to find it a good buddy he has been hanging around our other chickens and always the baby chickens because he is very small the lady we got him from said he was a miniature Silkie that’s probably why she didn’t want him so even our 8 week old Wyandotte’s are bigger then him and he is Smaller 🤦‍♀️ He’s to sweet tho he is 2 weeks older then them ! As well it’s sad because I seen him try to mount one of them and he is just too little 😳

I took in a Silkie from a neighbor i got it June 21st but it doesn’t look as if it’s growing any and I was wondering how to tell a silkies gender it has made a sound a couple times as if I thought it could be a rooster but then I’m not sure any ideas and will it get any bigger ? Seems as if my chicken flock doesn’t like it as well it’s very sweet but my hens pick on him/her so I have to keep them away I raised it with two baby Wyandotte’s but the Wyandotte’s are already bigger then the Silkie they are 7 weeks old and they prefer to stick together then be around the Silkie as well 😖
You shouldn't let him do that. Him doing that is showing he has no fear of you. What I do is put a hand to my hip and let him roost there (Also I don't like getting pooped on,).
He was on my arm I was protecting him from the bigger chickens they were chasing him around at the time and would leave him alone so I picked him up and let him Roost on my arm for a bit ! Oh he knows I’m boss being pooped on is gross but I deal with working Dog poop and horse poop all day as well so we will just add it to the list 😂

Attachments

• FF3BDF97-1789-458C-8042-C94D70FAB6AC.jpeg
    FF3BDF97-1789-458C-8042-C94D70FAB6AC.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 86565008-A262-4D16-80C3-1B08E4BCC5F4.jpeg
    86565008-A262-4D16-80C3-1B08E4BCC5F4.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom