Silkie Hen or Roo

Is it true silkies are much more docile in nature than other chicken breeds?
I know it's not to the point but i wondered how they acted towards each other as we only had one in the past, and i thought you might know...?
I think they tend to be more docile, but I agree that it depends on the bird and how much you handle them. Some of mine like to be held and will even hop up in your lap to get "cuddles"...but only the ones I've had since chicks and spent a lot of time with. I will say that I am a little crazy on the chicken lady spectrum and bring my "favorite" cuddly silkies inside for snuggles🤣.
My take is that I think they are easier to "train" to be docile, but don't quote me on that.😉

I believe your young silkie is a boy. Males are usually quite a big bigger than females, which your photos illustrate. Stance also. He probably is not crowing because you have another rooster that is dominant. I have a 1 and half pound silkie pullet that is trying to establish herself as the "boss" hen. She is getting away with it so far, chasing the standard breed pullets around that are 3 times her size. Pretty funny to see!:)

I believe your young silkie is a boy. Males are usually quite a big bigger than females, which your photos illustrate. Stance also. He probably is not crowing because you have another rooster that is dominant. I have a 1 and half pound silkie pullet that is trying to establish herself as the "boss" hen. She is getting away with it so far, chasing the standard breed pullets around that are 3 times her size. Pretty funny to see!:)
Ol' chicken TV is the best!!!

Back
Top Bottom