Silkie limping

sklingonz

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 7, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I have 4 four month silkies. One of my splash started limping yesterday. I noticed but wasn't quite sure something was wrong until today. She lays down a lot and limps when she does get up to walk. She is eatting and hopefully drinking. The other chickens are sitting next to her when she does lay down. After inspecting her leg, I notices a few of her toes are curled. Anyone have any idea?
Thanks

Hi - i wrote something about my hen limping today too (here are the details - https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128683). This same hen used to have a curled toe. I don't know where it came from, but it lasted for about a month, then just went away. Of course, she has different issues now (constantly being pecked at), but the toe curl just went away one day. I would try to do little exercises on her (almost like physical therapy
wink.png
) to move her toe around and get the blood running. She didn't seem to mind this at all. I don't know if it helped, but I tried to make it better for her and it went away!

Back
Top Bottom