Silkie - Loretta or Lorenzo?

Thanks for the update, it's good to know for sure. Increases the chances of getting it right in future. Sorry for your 'loss', lol... Best wishes.

The hardest part is dealing with my sad wife! Maybe it'll help someone else in the future?

It probably will help someone, because experience is how accuracy of sexing is gained. Your thread and your follow-up confirmation counts towards our experience, and will count towards newbie's as well. Your wife will get used to it over time I reckon, once you've got more experience with chooks it gets less upsetting to the family to see roosters come and go.

On the other hand.... If you're not allowed to keep males where you are then moving to a place you can would probably benefit you both and your animals too.

American Silkies are hard to sex unlike Aussie ones so only experience will help people learn, because in this case we're guessing based on very slight differences. Despite the lack of very obvious male characteristics, on this thread many people got the gender guess right, which I would put down to experience sexing from development characteristics; your photos will help someone gain some more experience, especially because you gave the final word on it so we now know for sure.

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom