Silkie Mix?

BusyStFarmer

Chirping
Jun 12, 2016
Massachusetts
Big John (don't ask) is almost 3 months old. His face is white but he has black feet. I don't think he is pure bred. If you can help with gender too that'd be great. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5708.JPG
    IMG_5708.JPG
    410.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5710.JPG
    IMG_5710.JPG
    734 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5711.JPG
    IMG_5711.JPG
    617.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5712.JPG
    IMG_5712.JPG
    676.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5713.JPG
    IMG_5713.JPG
    755.5 KB · Views: 11
100% a black silkie mix, however I have no idea what the mix could be because his feathering is basically all silkie. I'm pretty bad with silkie genders, but Big John looks to be a little more towards the cockerel side. But I have no idea haha

100% a black silkie mix, however I have no idea what the mix could be because his feathering is basically all silkie. I'm pretty bad with silkie genders, but Big John looks to be a little more towards the cockerel side. But I have no idea haha

Hence the confusion lol he is throwing me for a spin

I agree, Big John is a Silkie mix that happened to get the Silkie feathering. (Many Silkie mixes don't).

However, Big John looks very low to the ground, squattier, and overall feminine to me....so you may want to consider Joan of Arc as a possibility.

Time will tell. Silkies (and mixes) are hard to sex until older.

LofMc

Generally silkies are very difficult to sex before 4-5 mos. of age, and sometimes not till they crow or lay eggs. Yours is either a silkie mix or a hatchery grade silkie.

Back
Top Bottom