Silkie mutt contest! End date: Jan. 28th!

Quote:
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

wee.gif
Thanks! I will be sure to tell her tomorrow.
Lovely birds everyone! And thank you BirdNut for holding the contest!

ok, here is a stooopid question folks...... can an Orpington for example breed with a silky? I mean, the whole size thing makes erm......matters....difficult right?

Quote:
It certainly depends. Silkies come in LF too, that would work because both are LF in that case. Unfortunately, LF Silkies are very rare. An Orpington on a Silkie bantam likely would not work at all.

Last edited:
Quote:
It certainly depends. Silkies come in LF too, that would work because both are LF in that case. Unfortunately, LF Silkies are very rare. An Orpington on a Silkie bantam likely would not work at all.

Sorry, I heard that Silkies are "true bantams" with no LF counterpart- there was a breeder trying but I never found out what happened.

My silkie male bred to all kinds of LF.

Quote:

Sorry, I heard that Silkies are "true bantams" with no LF counterpart- there was a breeder trying but I never found out what happened.

My silkie male bred to all kinds of LF.

ep.gif
WOW! Will keep an eye on my little silky mutt then.

Back
Top Bottom