Silkie pullet with gapeworm how to treat and where to buy treatment

Pampered chicken girl

I can't control their fear, only my own
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
USA
I found my silkie pullet this AM with open mouth breathing and stretching her neck. she is moving around alot like normal but seems uncomfortable with her neck she has no discharge, diarrhea, cough, sneeze, or any other symptoms of respiratory. I suspect gapeworm but need help treating and where do I find treatment? Please help she is 3-4 months old. I've heard some people treat with safe guard goat dewormer I need to put it in the water to treat them can anyone help me dose and how to do it in the water.
@U_Stormcrow , @Wyorp Rock , @AmeraucanaHank

Last edited:
It's not gapeworm if she is eating and drinking. Most likely she is adjusting her crop.
She's been doing it all day so I don't think crop adjustment but she only eats VERY LITTLE and wouldn't eat the watermelon I gave her

I found my silkie pullet this AM with open mouth breathing and stretching her neck. she is moving around alot like normal but seems uncomfortable with her neck she has no discharge, diarrhea, cough, sneeze, or any other symptoms of respiratory. I suspect gapeworm but need help treating and where do I find treatment? Please help she is 3-4 months old. I've heard some people treat with safe guard goat dewormer I need to put it in the water to treat them can anyone help me dose and how to do it in the water.
@U_Stormcrow , @Wyorp Rock , @AmeraucanaHank
I am so sorry I didn't see my tag! Is she Ok?!?

Back
Top Bottom