Silkie question

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by horsechick, Nov 25, 2008.

1. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    Has anyone used these for recipes?
    Thought maybe someone "cheffy" would since it would add a color difference to your meal.
    Just wondered since I see a lot of folks trying to get rid of roos and going no-where.
    Or is there more of a market for them if you put them in paper for Asian people?
    Thanks,
    Angela

2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Silkies for meat is a taboo subject in my home. DD has become enamoured of her Silkies. (It's true that they steal your soul). If I couldn't rehome Silkie roos, I would *sneak* out without DD and visit with certain people. These people are the owners of two restaurants and the manager of an Asian market. I think I could find takers. HOWEVER, I have managed to rehome a couple Silkie roosters through Craig's List. In fact, I got an amazing response.
    Good luck. Too many roos is not good.

3. Ellie_NY_chick

Ellie_NY_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Finger Lakes, NY
    I would try Craigslist. I had good luck finding happy homes for my extra roos there, and they didn't wind up as dinner for anyone. Make sure you post pictures. Who could resist something that looks like it's from a Dr. Suess book?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by