silkie roos?

This is a photo of my Bantam Salmon Faverolle Rooster and a SLW, RIR and Part. Rock. I don't have any photos of the RIR/Silkie. They can mate and produce chicks. It might not work for a Brahma, Orp
or other large bird but Silkies are larger than some bantams and have no problem breeding a medium sized standard.

Mutts.jpg

Last edited:
We have a Silkie roo that regularly rides the EE's, and I've seen the bullseye on the yolks of the green eggs. So I guess he must be making a love connection.

The Buff Orps are another story. One thinks my DH is the top roo, and she bucks the Silkie off when he's ready to ride. But the other one may be a different story, since I've seen that bullseye on some of the brown egg's yolks lately...

But just because they're fertile, does that mean they can and will hatch out little BO-Silks? Or Silk-EE's?

If they are fertile, yes they can hatch. Bantams and standards are still both chickens. One is just a miniturized version (well, some bantams are true bantams...). It's not like a duck seducing a chicken...

Back
Top Bottom