Silkie rooster and chicks

Hld93

Chirping
May 8, 2021
Hi, I was just given a silkie rooster who lived with 5 week old chicks. My question is can I put him in with my 5 week old silkie chicks or is that not a good idea? I have him in a separate cage right now next to them and they seem fine and he seems super well natured. He is 1 year old. Thank you.

Hi, I was just given a silkie rooster who lived with 5 week old chicks. My question is can I put him in with my 5 week old silkie chicks or is that not a good idea? I have him in a separate cage right now next to them and they seem fine and he seems super well natured. He is 1 year old. Thank you.
Let him be with them but supervise, if he starts bullying or anything put him back in the cage if not he will proberly be fine but keep checking often

Let him be with them but supervise, if he starts bullying or anything put him back in the cage if not he will proberly be fine but keep checking often
Thank you. I did put him in and he could care less about the babies. He just kept to himself but the babies all ran to a corner the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom