Silkie rooster still not crowing, 6-7 months old

Chikenshiken

Songster
Feb 1, 2023
I’ve seen silkies at 4 months crowing and my silkie is definitely a roo. No crowing what so ever. Is this normal? Is crowing seasonal? It’s very cold and winter here. Or will he start crowing at a year?

Can you post pictures of your Silkie?
IMG_3092.jpeg
IMG_3048.jpeg

Yep, that's a cockerel. Do you have any older roosters around?
Nope :( except his sister(?) who I’ve had people tell me also might be a roo! But she’s significantly smaller than him and usually gets beat up by him as well. I do have a lot of regular sized hens and one very big production red who honestly acts like a rooster in herself but that’s about it! Maybe he’s just a late bloomer? His crown and waddles are very red though which I’m not sure I’ve only heard that it’s a sign of maturity. Here’s a picture of his sister or possibly brother haha
IMG_3095.jpeg
IMG_3099.jpeg

Nope :( except his sister(?) who I’ve had people tell me also might be a roo! But she’s significantly smaller than him and usually gets beat up by him as well. I do have a lot of regular sized hens and one very big production red who honestly acts like a rooster in herself but that’s about it! Maybe he’s just a late bloomer? His crown and waddles are very red though which I’m not sure I’ve only heard that it’s a sign of maturity. Here’s a picture of his sister or possibly brother hahaView attachment 3718041View attachment 3718042
Looks like a late bloomer. Not that uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom