SILKIE SEX?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Roxannemc, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    Ive bee unsure on this black one in front boy or girl? .4 months old tomorrow I looked last night thought its comb was narrow like the other black in back but not as wide or rough as the porc in the second pick Same blk in 3rd pic. In this photo look wider than the girl in back IDK
    What do you think?. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. LotsA Cluckin

LotsA Cluckin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2014
    Walling, TN
    Boy, you can tell by his hair doo he has long strings growing out, plus you can see a little sheen in his wing feathers, the black one in the back ground of the first pic...that is a pullet and you can tell that because she has a nice even round hair doo!

3. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Your white is a male and I'm pretty sure the closer black is too can't see the other one good enough to give an answer :)

4. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    Thanks for the answers.[​IMG]
    Hope you are right boy girl..
    .The breeder of these Cat Dance silkies Kelar on BYC ( Karen) just told me usually only roos get hackle leakage..both black have it!!One silver ...one gold GUH..Was hoping for one girl.
    Well maybe mine are the exception???.[​IMG]

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    White is a rooster, but I'm not sure about the black one. Silkies are so hard to sex.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by