Silkie Sexing Experts & Quality Opinions...

Thanks guys for all the guesses. I am hoping both pullets, but either way is okay with me.

Does anyone want to critique them for me. It will not hurt my feelings. I am thinking about showing these 2.

smile.png
They look like my little girl silkies!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Do you think they are nice enough to take to a show?

They definitely have the potential. The first one is a better bird. Her crest is more round and she had a better cushion. In the pics, i looks like she might have extra toes, can't tell if its just feathers though. The second ons is also nice, she's got better coloring, but her crest and cushion aren't as full. Their wings are a bit loose, but that's not a major consideration when showing. They're still young, but I'd say you should definitely enter them in a show.

Quote:
Do you think they are nice enough to take to a show?

They definitely have the potential. The first one is a better bird. Her crest is more round and she had a better cushion. In the pics, i looks like she might have extra toes, can't tell if its just feathers though. The second ons is also nice, she's got better coloring, but her crest and cushion aren't as full. Their wings are a bit loose, but that's not a major consideration when showing. They're still young, but I'd say you should definitely enter them in a show.

I think the first one is the prettier bird, but the second has better coloring. Both have 5 toes, so it must be the feathering that looks that way. At times they seem to hold their wings tighter, but I'll give them a couple of months and see how they are looking then. Hopefully, the wings will tighten up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom