silkie sexing

Is this a male trait? Only one out of my 7 chicks with the 'wattles'? (Please correct me if i am calling it wrong)

I am hoping all 3 are girls!

Gonzo is the biggest and is a couple days older than the other two. SHe seems to have an ombré where his head is dark and he gets lighter toward his bottom. Gabby is the smallest and spunkiest- she is all black and the darkest. Gorda is the medium sized one with a more uniform dark grey. Any help would be appreciated. They are 11-13 weeks old here.

I can't seem to upload again but I posted pics on this post here : https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1008076/help-me-sex-my-three-silkies#post_15607254

Keep an eye on the darker blue/ black one...the tail and upright stance are a concern... However, the other 2 look like pullets :) (especially the one you're holding)

Yep, that would be wattles that he has... Most likely cockerel... My little black roo showed his early too..

Females have wattles and combs also depending on variety correct? So why would that automatically mean roo? Wondering because i have 2 white silkies one has noticable blue er bug wattles and comb her crest on her head is soft and nice shes flight but sweet and my other has no wattle no comb and the blue ear is hidden and the credt has hard feathers in the mix of her soft ones they are 8 or 9 weeks. Wpuld this mean both boys? I saw the chicken chicks website and she had a white silkies with big blue ear and wattles and comb.

I have new pictures of my silkies. I seriously can not figure out these silkies! They both seem like boys but one of them has a huge comb and wattles the other does not at all but they both seem to have streamers they both stand up tall and fight each other. They just arent as puffy as other hens their age. Now their mother had huge comb and wattles it was just that variety im assuming but with these two they just seem roo to me i wish at least one was a hen what do you all think could one be a hen?
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom