Silkie thread!

We did a "photo shoot" of the new chicks and wanted to share some pics with you. The silkies were angels, and on the other hand the polish did not want to cooperate at all. Here are the splash...

Our blue baby is next....

one splash...

another splash...

and the WCblue polish....no pics of the WCB...

and lastly this is our "Angry Birds" picture. They look like little toughies here... lol

Awwww! These are great photos of you adorable chicks!! Thanks for sharing!!

Oh yes, I'm definitely on the path to silkie addiction. My daughter is disabled and I was initially setting this all up for her, but now I'm loving them too! We have splash and blue, and we are also looking for a few other lovely colors. My husband is shaking his head wondering if I have lost my cuckoo. Raising chickens is relaxing and therapeutic...so now I'm telling my husband that we are just doing chicken therapy. Which, by the way, is MUCH cheaper than retail therapy.
smile.png
Tina
yuckyuck.gif

We did a "photo shoot" of the new chicks and wanted to share some pics with you. The silkies were angels, and on the other hand the polish did not want to cooperate at all. Here are the splash...

Our blue baby is next....

one splash...

another splash...

and the WCblue polish....no pics of the WCB...

and lastly this is our "Angry Birds" picture. They look like little toughies here... lol

Mob names! You need mobster names for these three!

A lot of people house these three colors together because they all cross well. Here is the gene chart for BBS

The way the Blue gene works in a breeding can be broken down as follows:
1) Blue x Blue: This will produce 25% black, 50% blue, 25% splash.
2) Black x Blue: Produces 50% black and 50% blue.
3) Black x Splash: You'll get 100% blue.
4) Blue x Splash: Produces 50% blue and 50% splash.
5) Splash x Splash: This will give you 100% Splash.
So basically BBS is a bird that came from a blue/black/splash pen?

one splash...

SO cute!
love.gif

For those of you who keep saying silkies don't roost. Mine do.
lol.png

Even the little crabby patty of a rooster (bottom right) gets up on the top right next to Lila (top right). The bigger rooster never gets up there, at least I've never seen him roosting. I think he likes to stay to the ground with his weight. lol

For those of you who keep saying silkies don't roost. Mine do. :lol:
Even the little crabby patty of a rooster (bottom right) gets up on the top right next to Lila (top right). The bigger rooster never gets up there, at least I've never seen him roosting. I think he likes to stay to the ground with his weight. lol

I wondered about mine because I have one pullet that keeps trying to roost on top of the waterer.

Back
Top Bottom