Silkie thread!

Hey guys, my silkie roo broke the tip of his beak off today on the hardware cloth on his run. It lt isn't broken off a lot, but it did bleed a little. Very little. He seemed like it hurt. Should I do anything or will it heal itself?
It will heal itself. It does hurt, but it will keep growing and in a few years it will look like normal again.

Quote:
Oh!
hmm.png

Thanks so much for that info. I have been alittle confused as to why my comments didn't go where I wanted them too.

Quote: Yeah, when I was first starting I said something about a post that was where I was reading - my comment disappeared completely. Not until I went back to the thread did I realize what I was commenting on was over a year old and my comment was at the end and made no sense. Now I try and quote all the time, especially when the thread moves fast like it does some places. Live and Learn...

Are silkies reliable egg layers?

lau.gif

Sorry.. Hello and Welcome to the Silkie Thread and Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

The reason I am laughing is that they ARE reliable layers.. until they decide to go broody then they take a break for about 3 months.. or longer.. then they lay again then another break. So no - I wouldn't really call them reliable layers unless you do not include their broody spells. They are reliable broodies though.

I was wondering what color I will get if I breed my white silkie hen to my buff silkie rooster? Or my splash rooster to my white hen? The only breeding specs I found on here was the splash, blue, blacks..and I only have buffs, white, splash and lavenders. Would like to get some pretty splash colors, paints, porcelain, etc. Thanks guys!! Oh and had a little scissor beak splash given to me. Anyone had good luck raising one??
My white roo and splash hens gave me white,black, blue, and blue partridge.

Pam

Oh my gosh, I screwed up :( I just went to candle them for last time before locked down and cracked one on accident. The membrane did not rupture as far as I can tell. Should I just leave it cracked side up? Anything else I should do? Wrap in damp paper towel?
Should be fine if on lockdown. Just don't bust any blood vessels.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom