Silkie thread!

She is sitting one just one egg and not sure if its fertile

I've put eggs under 7-10 days after the broodiness has begun. Personally I would remove the egg that she is currently , otherwise you will have a split hatch and she will more than likely leave the nest with that one and leave the rest to go cold. Best to ' set ' the eggs all at one time.

My FIRST SILKIES! (Squeeee). I am a neophyte with their color though...I am confident that the Chipmunks are Partridge, but the other three are making me batty. They go from silvery-blue/grey to pushing black.
I think the runt is blue, but the other two...are they all ''blue'? Lol
Any input will be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:
You are correct , yellow chicks are whites. :)
I noticed today when they were outside that they both have a little bit of red on their tail, or where their tail would be if they had one, and I noticed a tiny bit of red on other spots as well. Will the red go away or will it get more red with age? It's just weird to me that they would have little bits of red here and there.

My FIRST SILKIES! (Squeeee). I am a neophyte with their color though...I am confident that the Chipmunks are Partridge, but the other three are making me batty. They go from silvery-blue/grey to pushing black.
I think the runt is blue, but the other two...are they all ''blue'? Lol
Any input will be gratefully appreciated.
Aww congrats! :woot they look blue and partridge to me :)

I noticed today when they were outside that they both have a little bit of red on their tail, or where their tail would be if they had one, and I noticed a tiny bit of red on other spots as well. Will the red go away or will it get more red with age? It's just weird to me that they would have little bits of red here and there.

Mixing white with any other colour is unpredictable . Only time will tell whether or not they have leakage. Partridge have little chipmunk stripes down their backs, here's one of mine.

Back
Top Bottom