Silkie thread!

I feel like my baby is a boy. Any thoughts? I can't have roosters so I want to make sure it's a rooster before I send it to its new home. :( Thanks in advance. It started to try and crow but has since stopped. I'm so confused. Please help me....

Last edited:
I feel like my baby is a boy. Any thoughts? I can't have roosters so I want to make sure it's a rooster before I send it to its new home. :( Thanks in advance. It started to try and crow but has since stopped. I'm so confused. Please help me....

Looks like a boy to me. I have buff as well and he looks like my boy. Give him a little more time, his streamers will turn a darker orange. He is very pretty by the way.

Thank you and I love him to death but I can't have roosters. :( One of the girls I work with, her parents have a farm that all of my roosters have ended up at. I really want it to be a girl, since I have devoted to much to it, but I knew when I bought it, it could go either way. Really hoping it will magically transform to a girl. ;)
Looks like a boy to me. I have buff as well and he looks like my boy. Give him a little more time, his streamers will turn a darker orange. He is very pretty by the way.

Thank you and I love him to death but I can't have roosters. :( One of the girls I work with, her parents have a farm that all of my roosters have ended up at. I really want it to be a girl, since I have devoted to much to it, but I knew when I bought it, it could go either way. Really hoping it will magically transform to a girl. ;)

You can try a no crow collar if you want to keep him. I've never had to have one, some people have luck with them and some don't.

Many people have had mixed results. It's important for those considering no crow collars to understand that they aren't recommended for free ranging birds. Too many risks involved with getting hung up on things.

Ok? Mine aren't free ranging, so gladly wouldn't have that problem. Idk what the problem was, but I myself deff wouldn't waste my money on them again lol

looks like a rooster. He's gorgeous!

My oldest babies all went outside for the first time yesterday! They are so cute in their coop. I have black, lavender, porcelain and paint out there. They are still fairly young, only one has a pretty full crest. The babies still inside are mostly black with one paint and maybe one partridge. 4 of them are showgirls : )

I checked on them last night and they were all snuggled in the coop.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom