Silkie thread!

Hello. Does anyone have bearded silkie chicks available? I'm located in California and looking to add a few to my small flock. Would probably need shipping unless you're an hour or 2 from 93292. Thank you all!!

Jill

Do Silkies dig?

I've got 2 EEs & 2 RIR, they dig which I wouldn't mind but the holes in my back yard is DEEP! I fill holes every evening & got missing dirt. I've found a good use for the empty mulch bags (refill holes); covering around my plants, areas I'm trying to regrow grass, areas that I just filled with mulch/dirt.

Enjoy my chickens but refilling the holes is getting costly, these will be sold & researching what to replace them with. More for pets, not eggs.

[COLOR=0000CD]Your babies are so cute. Got my first two Partridge right out of the breeder's incubator the day mine hatched 5 yrs ago and I can't remember how cute they were - only that they were so small next to the LF chicks! Had to re-home the boy but he was really a sweetie! These are 6-mo-old Partridges - kinda the standard color - today they come in all sorts of new Partridge varieties.[/COLOR]
Love them! What did they look like as babies?

Someone please help me figure out how to get my silkies to go in the coop at night! I have 3, 4 month old silkies and 11 LF. All the LF and 1 Silkie go inside at dark. The coop is not high off the ground. It's sitting maybe 1 ft off the ground on cinder blocks. I made sure the ramp wasn't too steep, I trimmed their feathers around their eyes. I don't know what else to do. The other 2 just snuggle up under the ramp and go to sleep. I would let them, but the run is only secured with chicken wire so I'm afraid they'll become a midnight snack if I don't lock them in the coop. Any suggestions?

Someone please help me figure out how to get my silkies to go in the coop at night! I have 3, 4 month old silkies and 11 LF. All the LF and 1 Silkie go inside at dark. The coop is not high off the ground. It's sitting maybe 1 ft off the ground on cinder blocks. I made sure the ramp wasn't too steep, I trimmed their feathers around their eyes. I don't know what else to do. The other 2 just snuggle up under the ramp and go to sleep. I would let them, but the run is only secured with chicken wire so I'm afraid they'll become a midnight snack if I don't lock them in the coop. Any suggestions?

Have you asked this question before? If not, then you're the third person with that dilemma, including me. No idea why, but mine would always snuggle together right by the coop. I had to manually put them in every night.

Have you asked this question before? If not, then you're the third person with that dilemma, including me. No idea why, but mine would always snuggle together right by the coop. I had to manually put them in every night. 

Haven't asked before...guess I'm just in good company :) I did try putting a light in there too. I love these silkies but they're making me crazy!

Love them! What did they look like as babies?

I have no photos of my two Partridge as babies. Bummer! But I remember they had the chipmunk stripes - just don't remember much else - it was 5 years ago. I gave the boy away when he was about 7 months but I still have the old sister and I just love her!

My two Silkies - a Black and the Partridge in the doghouse. Her body is fluffier than the Black.

My Partridge girl when she was 6 months w/her bro. She always has a full fluffy rump - just love it!

The two Silkies again - the Partridge is growing in her new feathers from a molt so she isn't too fluffy here.

Back
Top Bottom