Silkie toes

Ais

Songster
Apr 25, 2021
Is it normal for silkies to have multi-color toes? I thought their skin should be completely black?

Attachments

• IMG_0166.png
    IMG_0166.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0165.png
    IMG_0165.png
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0163.png
    IMG_0163.png
    2 MB · Views: 6
Is it normal for silkies to have multi-color toes? I thought their skin should be completely black?
Some variations of mine have had white tips of their toes, like the mottles and paints. I haven't grown these out yet but I'm told it will usually darken with age.

Do you know what those are? They appear to be paint or splashes to me.

Some variations of mine have had white tips of their toes, like the mottles and paints. I haven't grown these out yet but I'm told it will usually darken with age.

Do you know what those are? They appear to be paint or splashes to me.

OK that’s good to know. I was hoping it didn’t mean bad quality. Yes, they are splash. I’ve only seen the multicolored toes on some of the splash chicks. I also ordered a few blue chicks and their toes are all solid black.

OK that’s good to know. I was hoping it didn’t mean bad quality. Yes, they are splash. I’ve only seen the multicolored toes on some of the splash chicks. I also ordered a few blue chicks and their toes are all solid black.
Almost every pure silkie has black skin, albeit those that aren't the usual colors. Most of those will age out, but some like my mottled will always be that way, with yellow beak, white and black skin and toes...thus the name I suppose lol.

Back
Top Bottom