Silkie with odd head movements...

DarleneE

Songster
9 Years
Feb 9, 2014
Riverview, Fla
Can someone help please??

Hi everyone! I have posted this once before and am posting again because the issue still has not resolved and I'm so worried! Please look at my black Silkie and notice the strange movements she's making with her head. I don't mean the quick little head shake.. I'm referring to the movement that looks as though she's dizzy? Although I am also a bit concerned with the rapid little head shake they both do as well though I've been told all Silkies do this? These are my first Silkies. So I have nothing to compare them with? She's been to the vet who didn't seem to think it's neurological. She gave her an anti inflammatory in case it was a middle ear issue. It didn't help. Now she's trying a course of Baytril in case of infection in the middle ear or somewhere. She's only had 2 doses of it so far. I had also been giving her Vit E and Selenium paste that someone on one of these sites recommended. Nothing has helped. Does anyone at all PLEASE have any idea what could be causing this very strange head movement? I want to add that she wasn't doing this as a small chick when I got her. This started later on. I'm really upset because my large Black Australorp pecked her on the back.. NOT ON THE HEAD.. but on the back and I'm wondering if that could have caused a spinal cord type injury to cause this to occur? I feel so horrible because they are kept separate however at the beginning when I got them, once they were a little bigger, I tried to acclimate them to each other and my Aussie just bolted after her and pecked her back before I could get her! I feel so terrible and so guilty that this could have happened due to my stupidity in trying to put them together and although I was right there watching closely she did it so fast I couldn't stop it! Again, PLEASE if anyone has any ideas about what this could be.. if it's not due to the peck on the back.. please help??

Back
Top Bottom