Silkie wont let me pick her up

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
I have an 11 week old silkie or at least 11 weeks old. Shes very tiny and when ever I try and pick her up she flaps her wings or jumps out of the way and falls on her face. When I get her a little bit of the ground she falls. When I do hold her she perches on my arm and I can really hold her the right way because of how tiny she is. She also runs away when I touch her. She kind of trusts me because at night she let's me put her on the roosts. So can anyone help me out?

Mine did not let me even catch them until they started laying. The new chicks are the same. I think it is a silkie thing. I have no issues with the adults now. They come running to me. Also, my hen was alive and eating today. I am still working but I may let her out when I get home. Thanks for your suggestions.!❤
Aw no problem I hope she gets better

I have a 10 week old and it the same thing. If i try to catch her so I can hold her she runs around in panic mode so I dont anymore to bad for her she gets no cuddles. I get her off the roost once and then to check her over for mites and stuff.

I have a 10 week old and it the same thing. If i try to catch her so I can hold her she runs around in panic mode so I dont anymore to bad for her she gets no cuddles. I get her off the roost once and then to check her over for mites and stuff.
yeah, the place I got her from suggested I spend 1 on 1 time with her but when I've tried the first time she ran back to the flock cause she feels safer lol. I don't think she likes heightens so what I'm thinking is making her a swaddle thing that goes around me and I can hold her so she feels secure. She so tiny I can never hold her right.

yeah, the place I got her from suggested I spend 1 on 1 time with her but when I've tried the first time she ran back to the flock cause she feels safer lol. I don't think she likes heightens so what I'm thinking is making her a swaddle thing that goes around me and I can hold her so she feels secure. She so tiny I can never hold her right.
1 on 1 doesn’t have to mean touching. You can feed her treats by hand so she trusts you more. Just sit with her and watch her to her thing everyday.

1 on 1 doesn’t have to mean touching. You can feed her treats by hand so she trusts you more. Just sit with her and watch her to her thing everyday.
i know but I'm trying to get her to like mealworms cause right now my rooster is the only one that LOVES mealworms and the rest of the flock isn't a fan really.

i know but I'm trying to get her to like mealworms cause right now my rooster is the only one that LOVES mealworms and the rest of the flock isn't a fan really.
That’s great, hand feed her those. She’ll thank you for it!

Mine did not let me even catch them until they started laying. The new chicks are the same. I think it is a silkie thing. I have no issues with the adults now. They come running to me. Also, my hen was alive and eating today. I am still working but I may let her out when I get home. Thanks for your suggestions.!❤

Back
Top Bottom