Silkie X Easter egger?

Kennas_Kritters

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Polk City, FL
My Coop
My Coop
I am currently incubating 20 chicken eggs! It's my first time incubating (go check out my "not just chickens hatch-a-long" thread) I have one special little egg that is from a EE rooster (color is either black or blue wheaten type color) over a partridge colored silkie hen. Anybody have this cross? Would love to see pictures! Any idea what egg color they will lay (if it is a hen)

Last edited:
I do not have this exact cross, but do have an Ameraucana/silkie cross. Your little chick will likely have 5 toes, beard (if your silkie and EE are bearded), muffs, feathered legs and a crest. They are super cute little fluff balls as chicks. Looking forward to seeing photos. 😊

I do not have this exact cross, but do have an Ameraucana/silkie cross. Your little chick will likely have 5 toes, beard (if your silkie and EE are bearded), muffs, feathered legs and a crest. They are super cute little fluff balls as chicks. Looking forward to seeing photos. 😊

Do you by any chance have a picture of your Ameraucana silkie cross? My rooster and silkie hen both have beards and the roo has muffs as well. :)

When you do this please let me know! That would be awesome! I have some welsummer pullets I'm raising up so I may experiment with them. :)
I will probably doing this as a side project one year, but most likely not real soon.
I will definitely let you know.
Sounds good. Welsummers are nice, but I had a rooster, & he got killed by one of my other rooster's recently.

I did hatch a Silkie/Easter Egger mix cockerel one year. He went to a new home.
20200806_172258.jpg

Do you by any chance have a picture of your Ameraucana silkie cross? My rooster and silkie hen both have beards and the roo has muffs as well. :)
Do I have pictures?🤣 yes tons! I just took these today of her. She’s squatting at 5 1/2 months, so I expect a blue egg any day! Excited to see what shade of blue it will be. Her mother was a splash Ameraucana and her father was a white silkie.😊
I have a few photo bombers in the first photo, had to shoo them away for the second one.🤣
A5679C7F-A9A7-4EFA-9803-D3F5D02E4F06.jpeg
F9DD35AB-CD6C-4DD4-AC60-CD21435BBB61.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom