Silkie?

Chickensss1

Chirping
Jun 8, 2023
I got him from tsc idk if he’s a silkie he has 4 toes and no feet feathers but he’s super fluffy compared to the other bantam chicks his size and has a black beak and feet.

Attachments

• 0FABCA5E-A434-4C95-A65C-702B11FF694C.jpeg
    0FABCA5E-A434-4C95-A65C-702B11FF694C.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 29
Hello!

I got him from tsc idk if he’s a silkie he has 4 toes and no feet feathers but he’s super fluffy compared to the other bantam chicks his size and has a black beak and feet.

Unfortunately I do not think that that is a silkie. My silkie rooster only has four toes, but it’s a deformity because he still carries and passes the five-toe gene on to his chicks. All 100% silkies should have feathered legs and feet as well. The skin is completely black or dark gray, and there should not be any trace of orange, yellow, pink, or white anywhere on the feet, legs, beak, or skin. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I hope that I’ve at least helped!

I w
Hello!

Unfortunately I do not think that that is a silkie. My silkie rooster only has four toes, but it’s a deformity because he still carries and passes the five-toe gene on to his chicks. All 100% silkies should have feathered legs and feet as well. The skin is completely black or dark gray, and there should not be any trace of orange, yellow, pink, or white anywhere on the feet, legs, beak, or skin. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I hope that I’ve at least helped!
I was assuming it wasn’t purebred since tsc breeder goes for quantity over quality. I’m mostly just hoping it’s a little fluffy

Now that I think about it, it looks similar to my prairie bluebell egger chicks that I got a couple years ago. Could it perhaps be one of those?

It is not a silkie. Where the extra puff on this chick is it is likely a type of Easter Egger. Hatchery chicks are not generally crosses (other than their hybrid designer chicks), just not high quality for standard of perfection.

Back
Top Bottom