silkie??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LindsaySinai, Jan 9, 2014.

1. LindsaySinai

LindsaySinai Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    San Diego
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm not exactly sure what she is. The choice of fathers is a silkie or a Cochin and the mother could be anything. They were all "fancy" breeds. Next time I'll have to document what the eggs they hatched out of look like. She's about a year and a half and had black skin. She has four "toes" on one foot and five one the other. The fifth looks more like a split toe which is typical in silkies right?

2. Ashdoes

Ashdoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    She looks exactly like my Silkie Cochin cross girl. Size and shape of a Silkie, but with the Cochin feathering. Our girls mom is the Silkie and dad was the Cochin.

3. LindsaySinai

Jun 17, 2011
    San Diego
    Thank you!! And is that a Boston with two different colored eyes?? If so we have one too!

4. Ashdoes

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    Yep. That's Waffle.

5. Ashdoes

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    Here's our mixed girl. It's hard to get a good picture, she's mad at us for making her move in with the Silkies.
    [​IMG]

6. LindsaySinai

Jun 17, 2011
    San Diego
    Oh wow...they do look a lot alike. And this is our Boston...[​IMG]

7. Ashdoes

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    He looks like our other Boston, but with a blue eye. I swear Waffle has some French bulldog mixed in his line somewhere. He snorts and snores horribly because of his super smushed nose. Either way, it's like having a pig run through the house.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I would also say cochin silkie cross. And I love your goat in the background. Beautiful markings

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by