Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY welcome!!!

Yeah it's hard to cuddle a fluffy chicken one day then know it's going to be butchered for Sunday dinner the next.
We only ever kill them like every two years, so they'll stay being good egg layers, although we sometimes did meat chickens but everybody complained about that horribly. I'm hoping these chickens will have a longer life span since we always have too many eggs, everyone complains about butchering, and no one likes the taste/texture of homegrown chickens.

I would start screaming then attack whoever was killing them :p
When you're little it doesn't really matter what your doing as long as you're with someone.
whoa!
ep.gif
careful, you might cut yourself on the hatchet! (or whatever you call that ax like thingy)

yeah, the most I remember from when I would help willingly is looking in the trashcan full of chicken heads and legs for some reason, and another memory of someone cutting the head off a chicken and then letting it run around flapping and squacking and I got so scared I climbed right up one of my older brothers to get away from it. The rest of the stuff when I was that age was told to me by my siblings to tease me for not wanting to do chicken butchering now.
smile.png

I would start screaming then attack whoever was killing them :p
When you're little it doesn't really matter what your doing as long as you're with someone.
whoa!
ep.gif
careful, you might cut yourself on the hatchet! (or whatever you call that ax like thingy)

yeah, the most I remember from when I would help willingly is looking in the trashcan full of chicken heads and legs for some reason, and another memory of someone cutting the head off a chicken and then letting it run around flapping and squacking and I got so scared I climbed right up one of my older brothers to get away from it. The rest of the stuff when I was that age was told to me by my siblings to tease me for not wanting to do chicken butchering now.
smile.png

big_smile.png

5 minutes. No reply. I'm all alone in this. :( and when you're alone, what do you do? You talk to your sorry little self. :lol:
Good morning! How are you today?
I'm fine. How are you?
Im great! Life is good, the sun is shining. How is your flock?
They're fine. The ducks are as annoying as ever, but so very sweet and fun. How is your flock?
theyre great! My four lil silkie chicks are probably the sweetest chicks I've ever owned! I can catch them each individually at night without a net, in about 2 min. You have any plans for today?
Nope. You?
nope. Good bye
Good bye.

Back
Top Bottom