SILKIED SERAMAS WORSHIP THREAD

Pics
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
8088764D-BA58-4A54-97E9-45E96ED8E23B.jpeg

I JUST WANT TO WALK INTO MY HOUSE AND HAVE HIM FLY UP ON MY SHOULDER
Need a smooth feathered serama for that. :lau My silkied seramas cannot fly at all. They do flap when they jump down from something to avoid a big "thud."

However, the reg seramas are amazing little flying chickens. My son's serama is rather quirky. (Aren't they all?) When broody & raising her chicks, she would pop up from the rubbermaid tote brooder, fly around in a small tight circle, and then land right back where she started. This was not a few times, but every single time we opened the lid. 3-5 times per day for about 4 weeks. Yes, she also flies up to him. I don't have a video of his serama, but I do have an old video of how our daughter trained her Sebright to fly to her. (1st half of video) This was a 4H project she made.

How cute! Thanks for this thread, they are adorbs. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting any. 😢 My flock free-ranges part of thd day, and, well ... hawks. I don't generally lose birds to them, but these little guys probably would not last long, sadly. Keep the pictures coming though, I will enjoy them through y'all! ❤
My DD will not let her silkie and seramas free range (but the rest of the flock does). We put them in a baby play yard with a piece of "something" on top as a lid. ....Currently an extra piece of roofing. They get grass time and are trained to walk to and from this temporary tractor each day/night. (It's not safe enough for night time, so they must return to coop.). In winter, they move into a small heated coop or just come inside the house when it goes below 0'F.

Back
Top Bottom