SILKIED SERAMAS WORSHIP THREAD

I"ve never heard horror stories of serama roos? Are these all just wonderful chickens? Please share.
Our little rooster is a dream. Besides his good looks, he loves to cuddle and follows DD around. Anyone can just scoop him off the ground. He's never been aggressive to anyone. He's a little more feisty when hens are around. (Must stand upright to impress hens and won't roll over for belly rubs when they're around.) Of course he's a got a very good life for a rooster. He visits his serama hens during the day and at the moment we're chicken sitting someone else's seramas. They're inside, so he gets to sleep with his 2 girlfriends at night. Such a happy boy.

The only thing I worry about is that he doesn't like other roosters. Whenever he sees my 13 lb orpington rooster, Teddy charges & attacks. He bounces right off the big, gentle rooster. Thankfully, my big boy has nothing to prove and seems more confused about it than angry. I think this is an individual personality trait because I've had other male seramas together. He's fine with females, chicks, people, and even our dog. Just no roosters.

Another funny trait is his morning crow has nothing to do with the sunrise. He waits for the alarm to go off at 6:30am and for DD to get up and turn it off ... then he crows for about 5 min. If we set the alarm for 7am, he crows at 7am. It's a tiny hiccup crow. For a few months, we did have another roo in a different cage and that boy crowed around sunrise which at that time was 5:45am. That woke Teddy up and the two would go back & forth across the room for about 30-45 min. Keeping only one rooster solved that problem.

Our little rooster is a dream. Besides his good looks, he loves to cuddle and follows DD around. Anyone can just scoop him off the ground. He's never been aggressive to anyone. He's a little more feisty when hens are around. (Must stand upright to impress hens and won't roll over for belly rubs when they're around.) Of course he's a got a very good life for a rooster. He visits his serama hens during the day and at the moment we're chicken sitting someone else's seramas. They're inside, so he gets to sleep with his 2 girlfriends at night. Such a happy boy.

The only thing I worry about is that he doesn't like other roosters. Whenever he sees my 13 lb orpington rooster, Teddy charges & attacks. He bounces right off the big, gentle rooster. Thankfully, my big boy has nothing to prove and seems more confused about it than angry. I think this is an individual personality trait because I've had other male seramas together. He's fine with females, chicks, people, and even our dog. Just no roosters.

Another funny trait is his morning crow has nothing to do with the sunrise. He waits for the alarm to go off at 6:30am and for DD to get up and turn it off ... then he crows for about 5 min. If we set the alarm for 7am, he crows at 7am. It's a tiny hiccup crow. For a few months, we did have another roo in a different cage and that boy crowed around sunrise which at that time was 5:45am. That woke Teddy up and the two would go back & forth across the room for about 30-45 min. Keeping only one rooster solved that problem.
Teddy sounds nice and spoiled! He gets to stay inside with his girlfriends lucky him! I love how he has so much attitude for being so tiny good thing the orp doesn’t fight back cause I can’t imagine that would end well.

That sounds amazing! I'm now just imagining a tiny little serama roo charging at an orp and just literally crashing into him, bouncing off, and trying again while the big roo looks on in amusement :lol:

You mean that tiny nugget was taking care of the LG too! So cute.

Yeah, he would tidbit them, do the side wing dance, everything. They never squatted for him, and when he did the dance they just looked at him with what I imagine to be a raised eyebrow and walked away with their beaks in the air! He would then style it out, look all nonchalant and pretend he was just on his way somewhere else. Cracked me up watching this little charade every day.

He did get to do the dirty on the daily with his teensy serama wife, so don't feel too sorry for him 😂

Yeah, he would tidbit them, do the side wing dance, everything. They never squatted for him, and when he did the dance they just looked at him with what I imagine to be a raised eyebrow and walked away with their beaks in the air! He would then style it out, look all nonchalant and pretend he was just on his way somewhere else. Cracked me up watching this little charade every day.

He did get to do the dirty on the daily with his teensy serama wife, so don't feel too sorry for him 😂
I can just imagine a tiny little serama doing the dance for a huge Orpington and her just walking away laughing while he acts like he was on his way somewhere! At least he had his little serama partner.

Do you keep them inside? *realizes that it literally says 'they're inside'* *dies* can we see pics of your indoor serama setup? :D

That's hilarious! :gig

1601143185497.png

:love:love

Back
Top Bottom