Silkies = Blue earlobes?

CocoNUT

Songster
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
Ok....so I'm looking at a LOT of photos of GORGEOUS silkies and I'm starting to wonder...do ALL silkies have blue earlobes? I'm still waiting for mine to show me some blue earlobes. I'm just wondering cause some of the photos of silkies show beautiful bright blue earlobes and others don't. I'm just wondering if they're all "supposed" to have blue earlobes. (My silkies are approximately 3 months old). Thanks.

Yes, silkies are supposed to have turquoise earlobes. I would bet that the ones where you don't see them are either a poorer quality silkie with red comb & light skin, or a heavy beard & muff that cover them.

Thanks! My babies are all 'pet' quality I'm sure. One of them even has one side of his head white skinned and the other has black skin...I'll have to post some photos (with the 'devil's horns comb). Of course they're special to me even if they're not 'perfect'!!! I just think those blue-eared silkies are so neat looking! My black silkie probably has blue earlobes but she's really fluffy...so I'll probably never get to see them! I need to post some updated photos and play the "pullet or cockerel" game, not to mention the 'what color am I" since some of them have changed colors!!! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom