Silkies: Chocolate x Paint??

ClearCreekFarms

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2022
I have a Chocolate Silkie Roo (named Moose) and just bought a gorgeous Paint hen (name yet to be determined). What color or colors would result from that cross? I tried to work it out with the Chicken Calculator, but couldn't figure out the Paint genetics. 🤯 Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a Chocolate Silkie Roo (named Moose) and just bought a gorgeous Paint hen (name yet to be determined). What color or colors would result from that cross? I tried to work it out with the Chicken Calculator, but couldn't figure out the Paint genetics. 🤯 Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Depends on where you are from(USA/Canada or Europe). Most USA/Canada Chocolate Silkies are based on Dominant Dun(I^d) which is an allelic mutation of the dominant white locus. In Europe Chocolate Silkies are recessive sex linked chocolate.

Thank you, The Moonshiner and nicalandia, I really appreciate it! I'm in the USA. I don't know the genetics of my bird, but I do know I have a lot to learn!

All NON-chocolate males
50% of females will be chocolate, 50% won't be.

Back
Top Bottom