silkies Day 20 no pips no chirps

Jubilee1004

In the Brooder
May 29, 2020
So I tried this last month with shipped eggs had 4 day after lock down none hatched.. I thought it was the humidity , I now have 7 silkies eggs from our side of town they were moving early morning day 18...I have a i Little giant Deluxe Incubator styrofoam, I have 3 themometer , humidity between 25and 40 first 18 days up between 63% and 67%temps temp between 99.5 and 101.5.. I'm just so scared I killed them some how.. I do have a humidifier in the bathroom where I have them to keep the room about 60% huminity could I candle just to make sure they are still ok.. or even just put to my ear to hear chirping?

Sounds like you have done everything right. Sometimes they get real quiet right before they pip. Its day 20. There is still another day or 2 til hatch.

So I tried this last month with shipped eggs had 4 day after lock down none hatched.. I thought it was the humidity , I now have 7 silkies eggs from our side of town they were moving early morning day 18...I have a i Little giant Deluxe Incubator styrofoam, I have 3 themometer , humidity between 25and 40 first 18 days up between 63% and 67%temps temp between 99.5 and 101.5.. I'm just so scared I killed them some how.. I do have a humidifier in the bathroom where I have them to keep the room about 60% huminity could I candle just to make sure they are still ok.. or even just put to my ear to hear chirping?

I candled my silkie eggs every day until pip day. I also had a DIY incubator. I didn’t have a good survival rate, but I don’t think it had to do with not having a true lockdown. Out of 5 eggs, one wasn’t fertilized, one was a 3-day quitter, one stopped moving day 25, one died 30 minutes after hatch, and one is 3 1/2 months old and beautiful!
Good luck!

So I was waiting for the sun to go down so the room was really dark, had dinner and came in to candle and baby chick had pipes and zipped moving around another one that had pipes !!

Back
Top Bottom