Silkies fighting and this tells me what?????

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I'm 99.9% certain that Jethro is a girl (blue silkie) unless my turken cockerel is a very confused boy. He's tried to mate her several times.

Still on the fence about Ellie Mae's (red silkie) gender. Never seen the turken try to mate him/her and Ellie avoids the turken as much as possible.

The thing is, for the last two days Ellie Mae and Jethro have been fighting. I thought hen fights were funny, silkie fights are hilarious.
gig.gif

Do these fights tell me anything about Ellie's gender? My adult hens have never tried to kickbox with my rooster before, only with other hens.

My Silkie used to pick fights with my Jap banty and Brahma bany. We got rid of the Jap, but the Braham is healthy as ever and she's in this ever-semi-broody state, so she's very fighty. Silkie hates being looked at the wrong way. But when my Silkie fights, she gives it everything she's got. I love how when she jumps at her advesary, you can actually hear her wings smacking together, trying to give her more air.
lol.png
And you can see her tiny hackles go up and her grunting, beckoning noises that says, "Oh, I dare you to try me..."

Even young Silkie girls will get their feet dirty every once in a while.
wink.png

Quote:
That's why I'm wondering if Ellie Mae isn't a girl, since I've never seen a male to female chicken fight before. Not saying it can't happen, just have never seen it.

My two are funny. We trimmed Jethro's crest, but not enough and haven't trimmed Ellie Maes yet, so they kick and then have to take a step back and tilt their heads to try and locate their opponent before kicking again.

Back
Top Bottom